First, an explanation of this blog. I've learned, especially over the last few months, that the unshared life might as well have been the unlived one. If I don't share, you can't care. Many of the problems we face are a result of a lack of sharing. People not sharing their emotions, political leaders not sharing their power, the rich not sharing their abundance. The reality is that we all have something to share, whether it be our stories, intelligence, or even just our spare change.
It is with that personal dedication to sharing that my journey begins...
What the hell have I gotten myself into? Everyone talks about a time of self-discovery, a time of deep personal reflection and subsequent growth. That is the goal. The last two times I've traveled alone (Vietnam & New Zealand) went fairly poorly--in the mental, logistical, and social departments. But after weeks of reflection, a summer spent travelling, and hundred of minutes talking to myself, my next journey is about to begin.
May the preparations I do be thorough, the route I make be manageable, and the optimism I pursue be obtainable.
No comments:
Post a Comment